Saturday 5 March 2011

Finished Painting ?


I finished the painting last night taking on board what Emma Bulley and I discussed in my Tutorial, and the question that is being asked of me is "When is a Painting finished?" My reply to this is a painting can continuely be altered, there is no ending in the technical aspect. However there is a point to which as the artist you can end ruining a piece by continously touching up, reapplying paint. What I believe is important is to learn from the work, and think about how the next piece can be improved on, especially within the context of a learning enviroment in this case the MA. I am asked to contextualise my work with other artists, and already I am in the process of changing how I will start the next piece, in view of what I have learnt during the making of this piece and the artists who I have looked at. 

No comments:

Post a Comment